Revision as of 19:24, 21 May 2017 by Superjambo
There is also a Google Groups Discussion thread about this page.
Core items we really need
- New good quality - Band Saw Blades, Hacksaw Blades & Jigsaw blades.
- Good quality fixings: Screws / Nuts / Bolts / Washers
- Good quality tools (see below)
- Metal bucket with sand
Basic handtools ( claw hammer, wood/metal files, pliers, snips, screwdrivers)
Mains extensions and multi-way bars, RCD breakers.
Heavy duty vice
Shelves and storage cupboards.
Items we'd really like to have
A laser cutter
- Sheet metal brake/press
Wood latheLoaned by Ben J
Drill bits (HSS ideally)
Equipment members have/can donate to SoMakeIt
- Please state your full name and the best description of the items you can donate.*
Note that some of this stuff was originally donated by Ruzz which I've been storing since.
- White plastic double bowl kitchen sink and draining board (some units at Solent Business Centre had plumbing but no actual tap or sink bowl, so this could be useful).
- Two mains powered 4x spot light lighting bars, and two low voltage down lighting spot lights. Possible useful for lighting workbenches etc.
- HP Colour Laserjet 2605DN, networked colour printer, with consumables that aren't empty yet.
- Small set of metal office drawers on castors suitable to above printer to live on.
- A padded wooden piano style stool, if we really have nothing else to sit on.
- Two sets of four A4 sized organiser trays suitable for paper or component storage.
- Lots of ADSL/cable wireless access points suitable to attach wired network devices to for wireless access.
- Lots of CAT5 patch cables etc.
- Two P4 PCs with monitors, keyboard/mice suitable to Ubuntu/WinXP PCs.
- One spare ATX motherboard to suit above.
- Some sort of 133Mhz Laptop with batteries, but no charger.
- Black & Decker mains powered power drill.
- Black & Decker mains powered jigsaw (requires blades).
- MacAllister Cordless Multisaw (no battery, but we can use any old NiCad pack).
- 'PowerCraft' cordless sander, jigsaw & torch, (battery appears to be dead / needs NiCad cells replacing).
- Two low wattage Antex Soldering irons, one working one not (haven't investigated further).
- A big box of other stuff including wireless webcams and other things I need to look through.
- Kenwood Surround sound Amp (requires new mains cable but appears to work), Nad stereo Preamp and a Maplin 5 channel audio mixer with equalizer. Basically we can build a small audio test bench with the addition of a pair of speakers.
- Startrite tablesaw
- Titan shop Vac & fittings
- Dust Tracker PI, usb plug and cable