3D Printer - LulzBot TAZ
|3D Printer - LulzBot TAZ|
|Owned by||So Make It|
So Make It are the proud winners of LulzBot's 2014 hackerspace 3D printer giveaway competition. It is available for all makerspace members to use with training. It is set up to print ABS and PLA.
How to Use
How To Print
The following predefined config files came with the printer.
- Check the bed is clean. It no longer requires ABS juice and this SHOULD NOT be used.
- Turn on the Power Supply connected to the printer and the printer electronics, that's 2 switches.
- You may want to pre-heat the printer now. The menu system is operated by pressing and rotating the wheel, you want Click -> Prepare -> Preheat ABS (or PLA).
- Generate a toolpath using one of these configurations in Slic3r
(right click -> Save link as...) Once Slic3r is installed load the configuration file with File -> Load config, then add your model in STL format, change any setting you might like to, then click export gcode.
Now sit back and enjoy your print. Turn the power supply and printer off when you are done.
If you need to stop Taz
- Click -> Stop Print.
- Click -> Prepare -> Cooldown.
- Click -> Prepare -> Disable Steppers. Then pull the bed forward by hand.
If you are unsure, just turn the Power Supply off and look for someone who can help. Don't leave the hot nozzle touching the bed if you can avoid it.
The Slic3r configurations above are in this repository: https://github.com/so-make-it/Lulzbot-TAZ-3D-Printer
There is a monthly maintenance check-list printed in the space, source is here: https://github.com/somakeit/operations/raw/master/Printer%20Service%20Schedules/Lulzbot%20Taz%20Service%20Schedule.ods
Print Surface: Heated Borosilicate glass bed covered with PET film
Print Area: 298mm x 275mm x 250mm (11.7in x 10.8in x 9.8in)
Print Volume: 20,500cm3 (1238 in3) of usable space
Top Print Speed: 200mm/sec (7.9in/sec)
Print Tolerance: 0.1mm (0.0039in) in X and Y axes. Z axis is dependent on layer thickness
Layer Thickness: 0.075mm to 0.35mm (0.003in - 0.0138in)
Supported Materials: ABS, PLA, HIPS, PVA, and wood filaments
Usable Filament Sizes: standard 3mm (0.1in)
Overall Dimensions: 680mm x 520mm x 515mm (26.8in x 20.5in x 20.3in)
Weight: 11kg (24.25lbs)
Power Requirements: 100 - 240 VAC
Temperature: Maximum operating temperature (Extruder), 300C
Temperature: Maximum operating temperature (Heated Bed), 85C
Further information including instructions can be found on the LulzBot website here