|A small battery powered box that can be used to record and view wildlife remotely.|
|User:Benjie, Dave Gillam|
- Raspberry Pi Model A (£20)
- Class 10 SD card
- Raspberry Pi Camera (£20)
- AP-capable USB Wifi dongle (D-Link DWA-140)
- LEDs for lighting, controlled via RPi's PWM (probably) for soft-on/off
- 12V Leisure battery
- 12V USB switching power adaptor (e.g. this one)
Motion will be detected and recorded using the great motion software.
Working around Raspicam's lack of V4L support
We set up a simple server to pretend to be an IP camera; simply returning the picture from a raspistill every time a web request is made.